Fire Stables Horseback Riding Lesson Information
We offer horseback riding lessons for children and adults, our lessons are either private or group lessons.
What does it cost?
Beginner private lessons are $60 if purchased individually. Beginner private lessons and beginner group lessons are discounted when purchased in packages (package of four for $200). Once a rider is ready for our Intermediate/Advanced group lesson program, they will be enrolled in our Monthly Tuition plan (four group lessons per calendar month for $180). Intermediate/advanced private lessons are $240 for four lessons per calendar month and are subject to availability
We give lessons seven days a week! Please arrive ten minutes prior to your scheduled riding time to insure that you are ready to ride. Lessons will start at the scheduled time and any tardiness takes time away from your ride. Riders are welcome to stay for a few minutes after they ride if they want to help untack their horse.
How long are the lessons?
Private and Semi-Private lessons generally last approximately 30 minutes. Beginner group lessons are around 35-40 minutes long, and Intermediate/Advanced groups are closer to 45 minutes long. Lesson time is defined as the time from which the horse(s) and rider(s) enter the arena, to the time they exit the arena. Mounting/adjusting time is included in the allotted lesson time.
What should I wear?
You must wear long pants and closed shoes to your lesson. Shorts, skirts, and capri pants are not acceptable. Sandals or open-toed (or open-heeled) shoes are not safe.
Once you decide to continue riding for awhile, you will need riding pants (Kentucky jodhpurs) and a paddock boots (ankle-high). Riders are encouraged to purchase their own horseback riding helmet (no bike helmets!) and riding gloves.
Age, Weight, and disabilities:
Many potential clients have asked for clarification of certain concerns such as age, weight and mild disabilities. To simplify the enrollment process we have formulated the following guidelines:
- All riders must be at least 5 years of age and able to follow 3 step verbal instructions.
- For the comfort and safety of the horse and rider, we use industry standard weight guidelines.
- We have a few horses that can carry riders of 180-200 pounds, but they are in great demand, so please call ahead to ask whether those horses are available on the day(s) you wish to ride.
- In addition to meeting the weight and age guidelines presented here, riders must be physically able to mount their horse unassisted, sit up straight, and hold reins tightly in both hands. (Balance and core body strength are of maximum importance.)
- If you have concerns about any of these restrictions, please contact Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please cancel your riding lesson at least 24 hours in advance. Riders that do not cancelled their lesson at least 24 hours in advance will still be responsible for paying for the lesson, except in cases of bad weather or sudden illness.